Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Editors Pick For: Kelly from Live With Kelly

So two days ago I was at the gym bright and early and "Live With Kelly" was on while I was doing my cardio so of course I watched the show and I have to admit, I really enjoyed the morning talk show! I was even more impressed at whoever styled her because she looked amazing, and then a idea popped in my head, lets dress kelly! Of course I've chosen look directly from the Runway Via www.style.com/ and as usual they are all American Designers because thats what I love to focus on with this blog!


So above is a Picture of Kelly! Her show comes on every weekday at 9am on ABC/WKBW so make sure you watch! From watching her show the first thing that I love is that she has a PERSONALITY! This is so important because personality can help carry am outfit! I see tons of confidence in her and as far as fashion goes, she looks like she is sample size so I chose the looks based of those things and how the show was conducted, but I will explain that with the looks!

Let get started, when I watch the show on Tuesday I notice three outfit changes so I picked six look for three different reasons I picked looks that would hopefully be comfortable for Kelly to move around and be interesting to the viewer. Also this is great exposure for the designer! These first two looks are for the opening of the show, which is about the first twenty minutes! As the show opens Kelly comes out and sits down with her guest co-host behind a table so I had to chose something that is visually interesting, so a printed garment or a garment with an interesting cut at the top so it draws the attention on the viewer so I chose these two dresses, this one printed dress from Duro Olowu and this dress with a very unique detailing at the top from Sachin + Babi!


Duro Olowu Fall 2012


Sachin + Babi Fall 2012




The next look is for the interview part of the show with whomever is the special guest for that day! This look is seen from head to toe so I wanted to pick a look that was very chic, trendy, fashion forward but still a look to please the masses so these looks are Ready To Wear! So the first look is this one from Erin Fetherston! This look will attract the younger audience on up to women in the 40's and 50's. A lot of women are looking for a printed pant year round and these pants from Erin Fetherston are the perfect inspiration! and the top is very feminine with the ruffle detail in the front and sheer garments are so on trend so the sheer shoulders and sleeves are perfect! especially for the girl that might be hesitant to wear a complete sheer top!  The other look is specificly geared toward the working woman who still wants to be fashionable so this look from Sophie Theallet was a perfect choice! I love this look for all body types and a lady who has a career fresh out of college or the mom with a career can wear this look.


Erin Fetherston Fall 2012



Sophie Theallet Spring 2012





The last look can be for a second interview or a different sit down segment behind the table so I picked looks that can work well for both situations! Visually interesting, fashion forward but not over the top, very easy to relate to but still have that edge that may be slightly out your comfort zone but still willing to give it a chance! So the first look is from United Bamboo. Black and white together is always chic, its always in style, its very easy to wear and has a very clean edge factor to it! The next look is from Chadwick Bell! Jumpsuits should be a garment in every women's closet because they are again very easy to wear and all body types look good in them! This Chadwick Bell jumpsuit has a print but its not too over the top smack you in the face but just enough!


United Bamboo Spring 2012



Chadwick Bell Fall 2012



I believe all of these looks would be great on Kelly! I've grouped the Duro Olowu, Erin Fetherston and United Bamboo looks together and the Sachin + Babi, Sophie Theallet and Chadwick Bell Looks together! So which group of looks to you like together or what would you switch around! Are there any looks that you want to personally rock or imitate or is there anything that you dislike? Sound off below

No comments:

Post a Comment